Friday, January 6, 2012

Wings Like an Eagle

Where did I come up with this name for my blog?

Logical question.

The obvious answer is Isaiah 40:31:
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
  they will run and not grow weary,
  they will walk and not be faint.

But there's another reason. When my brother Alan was at LSU (1978-1983), he was in a band. I thought that was so cool! They even cut an album. Even cooler! The band's name was Sojourner and the album title was Wings Like an Eagle. I still remember sitting in the gym at our old church in New Orleans watching them play. I was so proud!

This is Sojourner - Alan is in the middle

Alan is in the red shirt - doesn't he look cool? :)


And here's the front of their album


Click above to listen to "Wings Like an Eagle"

Now aren't you impressed? :)

1 comment: